Sunday 26 June 2011

Thing 2 - explore other blogs

Well, I'm just managing to squeeze Thing 2 in before the end of Week 1! I spent much of Sunday afternoon reading through many, many fantastic blogs. The variety of designs are amazing & I have resolved to start tinkering with my blog page to make it more interesting visually. Given the huge number of blogs, I had to narrow down the field for my perusal otherwise I would never have made it to Thing 2. I decided to look at blogs with similar experiences to mine or at least a connecting thread (as I have limited experience). I'm very much looking forward to reading more from the 4 blogs that I left comments with: Calon Lan is absolutely at the other end of the experience spectrum to me, but we have our old college in common & it was the mention of the college's former librarian that caught my eye; Monika-C's blog interested me as she is a latecomer from another sector to the profession which is the situation I am finding myself in; Ruth's Library Blog talked about her experiences starting out as a school librarian, & as a volunteer school librarian I am keen to hear of other people's learning curves in that sector; and finally More Adventurous (23 Things) struck a chord as a fellow volunteer looking for a professional post. I know that I have only touched upon these blogs superficially rather than making any in-depth comments, but I wanted to show what sparked my interest. Anyway, must post this before we arrive in Week 2. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog, Pauline Adams has has a tremendous impact, and it was wonderful that her parting gift was to the College Archives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another blog you may like to follow is http://dymvue.blogspot.com. Author had a varied career before turning to librarianship. Best wishes in your new career

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Suzan
    Thanks for the blog recommendation Suzan. I just had a quick glance at some of the posts which were funny and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah!

    Thanks for the mention in your blog and thanks for commenting on mine! Lovely to meet someone else who is volunteering, hopefully we can share some experiences soon. Looking forward to reading more of your blog!

    Sally:) x

    ReplyDelete